Dr. Nish Patel, DDS has all the usual degrees needed to be a dentist (listed below later), but we find that what our patients really care about is the person behind the degrees:
What type of dentist is he? How will they be cared for in his office?
So here’s the lowdown on Dr. Patel:
* He’s the type of dentist that cares for the entire person, not just their teeth.
* He believes in treating people as though they were a member of his family and recommends the treatment that he would want them to have if they were his sister or brother.
* He likes to learn so much that he WILLINGLY attends over 100 hours of continuing education each year to keep him updated on the latest tools and techniques available in dentistry.
* He wants his dental work to last, so he uses high-quality dental materials and new technology, especially those that add comfort and convenience to improve the patient experience.
* As a dentist, Dr. Patel believes that the most rewarding aspects of his practice involves eliminating all kinds of dental fear and providing a patient centered, positive experience in a relaxed environment.
*Dr. Patel firmly believes that a healthy body starts with a healthy mouth. He loves to educate and interact with his patients about comprehensive dental care to enhance their smile and general well-being.
Now for some HEAVY stuff on Dr. Patel..
Dental Training & Education
Dr. Nish Patel, who grew up in India and is now based in Bradenton, FL, has accomplished two dental degrees. He received both a Bachelor Of Dental Science (BDS) in India and a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Graduating Magna Cum Laude with thesis honors, from the prestigious University at Buffalo, New York. He later continued his education by completing a General Practice Residency (GPR) at Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY. Through his advanced education, Dr. Patel has gained valuable experience in all phases of General Dentistry including dental crowns and bridges, dentures, root canals, extractions, implant dentistry, cosmetic procedures and more. Dr. Patel has also practiced dentistry in India and was a dental assistant at University at Florida .
Dr. Patel believes in the importance of continuing education and stays on the leading edge of dentistry through advanced training courses. He is an alumni of the Dawson Academy, one of the most innovative dental education facilities. Dawson training focuses on helping dentists achieve a higher level of skill and experience. This post graduate training helped Dr. Patel in restorative dentistry and treating complex bite problems such as TMJ.
Additionally, Dr. Patel is active with numerous local and national dental organizations and routinely participates in continuing education to stay current in all phases of dentistry.
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- West Coast District Dental Association
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Dawson Academy
- Manatee Dental Society, currently serving as Secretary 2015-2016
Dr. Patel believes his family is the greatest asset he has and loves to spend time with them. He is married to Rachel, who is also healthcare provider, a Registered Nurse at Blake hospital and they are eagerly waiting to expand their family.
Outside dentistry he also enjoys reading, golfing, tennis, cricket, surfing and all kinds of outdoor sports.